Onnac is an open source simplistic advanced Content Management
System (CMS). Onnac is designed generically to help the advanced developer implement websites and applications
in a (relatively) easy to manage manner.
There are lots of other content management systems out there for you to use (that's part of the reasoning behind the name of this particular CMS). If you want something that allows you to get your website up and running in minutes with tons of automated content generation... Onnac is NOT for you. Onnac is more of a database-driven templating system, with builtin mechanisms for executing PHP code, menu generation, random banner images, and authentication. Its designed to help you manage your website, not automatically create it.
More specifically, Onnac is designed to be easy for me to use and manage custom designed websites. Hopefully, it will be simple for you too.
- Simple installation and setup
- Editarea and Codepress syntax highlighting editors integrated into administration interface to create HTML/CSS/JS/PHP files
- FCKEditor WYSIWYG HTML editor integrated for easy page creation when you're feeling too lazy to hand code it
- Supports client-side caching directives to save bandwidth
- "Folder-style" file browser interface
- Integrated 'hit counter'
- Can track 404 errors to see where people are trying to go, and aren't quite making it there
- Page preview
- Import/Export capabilities -- very useful for maintaining seperate production and testing environments
- Export to HTML - Tired of using Onnac? It can export the contents of the database to a set of HTML/PHP files that you can download!
- PHP 4.1+
- MySQL 4.x+ or Postgre 7.x+
- Apache with mod_rewrite enabled, or equivalent
Some websites that use Onnac